“I am not on this earth by chance. I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand…. I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” Og Mandino
It doesn’t surprise me that we are working on writing our life on flash cards at the same time we are reading Scroll IV. I am nature’s greatest miracle!
I love my flash cards. It is amazing to me how wide the range of my experience is – up – down – right – left – back – forth – all over the place with events that made me who I am today. Here is an example of my life according to my flash cards:
- I was on American Bandstand.
- I used an outhouse daily on the farm.
- Sammy Davis, Jr. asked me to dance with him on stage.
- I prayed at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem.
- I lived in a basement house.
- I was a friend of Mickey Mantle and Billy Martin.
- I did a Fab detergent commercial.
- I told Cary Grant all about growing up on the farm.
- I took my kids castle-hunting in Bavaria.
- I had breakfast with Judy Garland.
- I delivered chickens to the Hormel estate.
- I dined at Maxim’s in Paris at the next table to Jackie & Ari Onassis.
- I had a 12 handicap.
- I had 6 live-in servants in my home.
- I cleaned houses to pay my way through college.
- I knew Elvis Presley.
- I went to a one-room schoolhouse.
- I dated Dickey Doo.
I have 150 of these cards. I read them twice a day. They confirm that I am Nature’s greatest miracle. There is no one else in the world who has had my experience. I’ve been put on this earth with a purpose.
This program is all coming together now. I am flabbergasted!
Yes, I guess I’ve had a life. I’ve got to get this book written.